No. 10 (Sports 24/7 and CFBReference) Cincinnati has risen in the AP Poll to No. 17, while remaining at No. 18 in the Coaches Poll. The Bearcats play ECU Saturday at 7 pm. TV: CBSSN Radio: 700 WLW
RECORDS ARE FBS GAMES ONLY, RANKINGS ARE BASED ON CFB REFERENCE SIMPLE RATING SYSTEM (unless mentioned otherwise).
SIMPLE RATING SYSTEM: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2019-ratings.html
Sports 24/7 Top Five
1. Ohio State (8-0) State is tough, and they crushed No. 13 Wisconsin 38-7.
2. Alabama (8-0) Bama’ trounced a bad Arkansas team 48-7. Alabama has had a soft schedule, but that changes when the Tide host No. 4 LSU this week.
3. Clemson (8-0) Clemson dump-trucked BC 59-7, and FCS Wofford Saturday.
4. LSU (7-0) LSU beat No. 9 Auburn 23-20 in Death Valley and have risen to No.1 in the AP. It doesn’t get any easier with a trip to No. 2 Alabama, days away.
5. Penn State (7-0) Nittany Lions beat Michigan State 28-7, and have an intriguing matchup with fellow undefeated Big Ten member Minnesota.
Sports 24/7 Under the Radar
OVERALL RANKING IN PARENTHESES
1. (10) Cincinnati (6-1) Bearcats had an off week, and still rose in the polls. ECU is improving but will need to play much better to pull of an upset, when hosting Cincinnati.
2. (12) SMU (8-0) SMU is the best team in Texas, with the Longhorns losing to TCU. SMU, who won at TCU earlier this season, is playing at No. 22 Memphis Saturday night in prime time. No I did not forget about the undefeated Baylor Bears
3. (19) App St. (6-0) Appalachian State plays in the Sun Belt, and were in the FCS less than five years ago. Now, they are ranked in the Top 20 in the AP. They will be favored heavily versus Georgia Southern.
4. (20) Memphis (6-1) The Tigers went to Tulsa and won…by a fingernail 42-41. “Mem Fuss” has a major game versus SMU to determine the leader of the AAC West.
5. (22) UCF (5-2) The Knights squeeze in here, just in front of Navy. A demolishing of Temple on the road 63-21, shows the offense is still potent.